Sunday, June 30, 2013

pallet-"ish" art

I've been crushing hard on some pallet art over here.
 
But, you see, I need to clean my garage out and since I had some spare lumber instead of pallets, I decided to utilize those instead. 
 
I'm stopping my craft, thrift, etc. hoarding ways and cleaning my garage.
 
ha, who am I kidding?  I'll probably go thrifting tomorrow.  It's just what I do.
 
Anywho, I pulled out some wood, cut it to the sizes I wanted, stained the wood, and then attached them how I wanted with wood glue.  I still need to brace the back with some actual support, but the wood glue is holding strong for now.
 
I fell in love with this print a while back, and wanted to replicate something similar for our wall collage in our master.
 
 
I used some of the emerald paint at lowes, which happens to be the color of the year.  It is beautiful, and you should definitely use it for something soon...like now-get on it!
 
I free-handed the bike on the wood with a pencil, and then printed my words out and made a little stencil.  Super simple.  Once painted, I let it dry and then went back with a sander to rough it up a bit. 
 
 
 
I love it!  It is the perfect addition to our collage wall now.
 
Have you made any pallet art lately?  Will you be using the color of the year (emerald) paint for any projects soon?  Let me know, I would love to hear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment