Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's Me Again

I've tried this whole blog thing before, and here I am crawlin' back for another go at this.  Does anyone else just get so burnt out on something that you give up on it?  Well, that was me with blogging......... but I'm gonna' stick it out this time. 
 
 Hold me to it.
 
 School has been out for a couple months now (except for an online class), and it has been a much needed break to get our house in order, craft a little  lot, and just enjoy this wonderful summer in southern Georgia.  We've been here for over three years now, and it's just now starting to feel like home even though I can't wait to one day get back to the home that truly holds my heart, Tennessee.  One of the ways this place is starting to feel more like home is because I am finally decorating our little rental the way I want.  My husband, bless him, has helped me paint these walls to brighten it up and still loves me even when I come home dragging thrifted furniture and other finds through our front door.  I thought I would share one of my favorite projects that I finished a few months back and that has finally found the perfect spot in our home.  I've had this dresser all through high school, and it has traveled with us from state to state as we move with each new set of military orders we receive. 

 
 
Please, overlook the bad picture quality.  Although this piece was beautiful, I wanted to give it a little bit of a facelift to brighten her up...she was too dreary and dark for my taste. 
 
 
 
I am pretty happy with the way she turned out...she's the perfect spot for our living room TV.  I'm loving the dressers used for other purposes I am seeing everywhere right now, and I certainly was quick to jump all over that bandwagon.
 
 
I love white, aged furniture.  What about you?  What's your favorite color of paint to re-do furniture with?  Lemme' know :)
 
Oh, and bare with me while I get this blog lookin' all pretty. I need to brush up on some tech-savvy-ness .


No comments:

Post a Comment