Friday, June 28, 2013

Chalkboard, Chalkboard On The Wall

I am so obsessed with chalkboards right now.
 

My grandmother and I went thrifting several years ago and I got this vanity mirror for around $10, I believe.
 
I loved it and I just had to add it to my hoard small collection of thrifts. I have this problem of buying things and not having an immediate purpose for it, so I stashed it away in the garage and saved it for a rainy day....which was the other day.  I pulled it out and got to town making this.....
 
 
 
 
I just love the idea of chalkboards so much.  Write a pretty quote, jot down some notes, keep track of bills...the list is endless. 
 
I chose to put a smidge of one of my favorite songs...every time I see it now it puts a huge smile on my face, which is way more than it was doing adding to the clutter in my garage.

 
  
Now the trouble comes finding the perfect spot for it.  I'm thinking about adding some knobs/hooks at the bottom and using it for our entryway-what a wonderful place to rest our hats, coats, and our sweet dogs' leashes, huh?

 
what have you done with chalkboard paint?  Are you as obsessed as me?
 
 
 

 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment