Sunday, June 30, 2013

Map Art Print

My husband is in the navy, so "home" has been many places for us.  I'd say we are pros at packing and moving our belongings from place to place.  No matter where we live, whether it be an apartment, house, etc., I know that we will always find new adventures as long as we are together.
 
This is why one of my favorite quotes has always been "Home is wherever I'm with you."  Isn't that the truth though?  Home really isn't a tangible place, is it?  Home, to me, is being with the ones I love no matter where that is.
 
I wanted to put this quote somewhere in our house, and be able to pack it up and take it wherever the Navy may lead us in the future.  I came up with this....
 
 
 
Super simple (and cheap) to make.  My favorite kind of craft.
 
As we passed by a welcome center along I95 one day, I quickly let out a little scream and had him stop.  You see, the scream was because at that exact moment a craft idea had entered my head and they tend to present themselves as tiny little bursts of excited screams.  It's annoying- I can admit that.  He, so nicely, pulled over and let me run in to find the perfect map. 
 
Once home, I scanned that baby in my computer and pulled it up into word, enlarging it to the portion of the map that I wanted.  I applied the "film-grain" effect on top of the map picture, and then typed my words into different text boxes and placed them where I wanted. 
 
Then....printed it. 
 
Simple as that.
 
I got this cute frame from TJ Maxx a few weeks back and added it to the ever-growing wall collage in our master. 
 
I know this will always have a place in our home.
 
What about you? Do you have a favorite quote?  Let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment